αλήθεια ("Truth" in Ancient Greek)
The Origin of the Modern Age version of the Invisible Jet was chronicled during John Byrne's run of Wonder Woman v2,. Detailed information was chronicled in the WONDER WOMAN SECRET FILES# 1
The Jet was originally a "morphing crystal" that was developed scientifically by an alien race called the "Lansinarians".
The Lansinarians were a blind alien race and could not react quickly enough to changes in their environment. So developed a life support device- the morphing crystal that catered to their needs. The crystal is a shape-changing device that can take many forms.
* It was created to attune itself to its user and its environment. The vessel responds appropriately and can take the form of any vehicle of earth, water and beyond (A Sub-marine or Rocketship and in time-travelling adventures to the 1940's could take the shape of a P-40 Warhawk Airplane or P-51 Mustang Airplane). This amazing craft was given as a gift by the Lansinarians as a gift to Wonder Woman who saved them.
P-40 Warwawk Configuration:
P-51 Mustang configuration:
* It has the power to be undetectable by radar or the human eye and the ability to shift from its crystal, "transparent mode" to complete invisibility rendering BOTH itself and its occupants truly invisible.
* The Invisible Jet propels itself by harnessing graviton particles. It is in this fashion also that it shields its passengers from the forces of sudden acceleration.
* In outer space: The Craft can extrude a portion of itself around Wonder Woman. Without taking in additional air supply, it can process one's own exhaled oxygen to allow breating for 20 minutes. It can sense Wonder Woman's thoughts and will respond to her needs.
* Arsenal: The Invisible Jet can shape projectile weapons out of its own substance but doing so depletes the amount of material in the vessel. When such depletion occurs, the craft can regenerate itself slowly. This function is to be avoided and used only when absolutely necessary as a last resort.
* Although Wonder Woman possesses the power of flight, the Invisible Jet is very useful when she needs to transport a larger group of people or when she needs to use stealth on a mission.
* Recently, the Invisible Jet has lost it's morphing ability when it was called upon to shape-shift beyond its limits to save a large population from a freak tidal wave. But it still possesses its psychic link to Wonder Woman.
WONDER WOMAN'S JET FROM THE UNAIRED WW 2011 PILOT FROM NBC
DESIGNED BY PATRICK VON JANICKE
The Wonder Dome
Wonder Woman and all related characters and elements are TM & Copyright (c) DC COMICS, INC. All other contents retain copyrights of their respective owners. Articles and images found on this fan site are exclusive properties of their respective owners and authors. Wonderverse does not claim ownership of these articles and images unless otherwise specified. This is just a fan/ tribute site which is in no way making any money or distributing any material to infringe with the copyright holders. This is a Fan/ Tribute site intended to present the news for enjoyment of Wonder Woman Fans. If you have any questions, e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BACK TO HOME PAGE